Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Little Piece of Heaven

I listened to a tremendous sermon in church on Sunday, given by an Irish Missionary living in Haiti. It was a moving, thoughtful, funny, introspective and gratifying reflection of life in one of the poorest nations on this planet. It was also a wake up call to me. He talked about the urgent need for everyone to find their 'little piece of Heaven' in the world. It can be a place, a person, a pet, a moment; but, no matter what it is, embrace it and continue to go back to it for strength and appreciation.



I have many pieces of Heaven in my life: a loving husband, dear friends, a warm family, sweet pets, and an overambitious house;-) But, I return to these staples in my life every day to share the joys, sorrows, gossip, stories, and love that keep me grounded in this very fast-paced, beautiful world we all call 'home'.

Look for your little pieces of Heaven in your life and let them know.

Love you all!

Andrea

No comments: