Friday, October 14, 2011

The Art of Job Hunting

Where do I begin? I've been out of work since February, desperately seeking another money-making position that will bring a regular paycheck to the household. It's been a long road. Interviews, near interviews, full-time, contract, part-time, independent work, starting my own business, etc., etc., etc. (Of course you need to say it like Yul Brenner in 'The King and I' - etcetera etcetera etcetera.) I feel like I'm in SIAM - there are jobs, but no one seems to speak the same language - maybe I'm just uninteresting after working all these years. Boo hoo for me;-) Well, I have to find humor somewhere...
Anyway, it's Friday, I'm alive, my cold is almost gone, and I sent out 10 resumes this morning. Plus, the Occupy Boston and Occupy Wall Street Protesters are marching on! Yahoo!! So proud of them. I'd like to see a change for the better - this land is becoming one of too many poor and the balance is no longer there.
So, this blog site is transitioning (again) to reflect my verbal snapshots of life.

Rock on!

Andrea

No comments: